Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Wii

The Nintendo Wii was released on Sunday. On Saturday, I decided to go and wait in line for it. I got in line at about 9:00 a.m. and waited 15 hours and 1 min (it released at 12:01) for it.

For those of you who don't know what a Nintendo Wii is, it is a new video game console in which the controllers have motion sensors and Bluetooth (so they're wireless).

I have to say, I'm impressed. Nintendo did well. Some features I like:

-Bluetooth controller relives the gamer from the cord
-Motion sensing makes the player feel like he/she is in the game
-Infrared allows a user to point at specific parts of the screen
-Nunchuck attachment (comes with one in package) makes the game even more realistic
-Wii Connect24 keeps the Wii always connected to the internet via WiFi. This allows you to receive "Wii-Mails" and play online games
-Backwards compatibility with the Gamecube games and accessories allowing me to play all my games on one system
-The Wii looks good
-And not last nor least, Wii Sports comes with
-And much, much more

Nintendo really did good. I am proud to say that I was the fourth person to get a Nintendo Wii in my town and that it ROCKS!

1 comment:

B. M. Lee said...

No,
The online part would be games that Nintendo made. You would be able to play online with other people that have the same game. If you have an Xbox, than it would be the same as Xbox Live.

However, the online browser could possibly support flash and shockwave. Then it could play those too (but it might be hard without a solid keyboard).